“Our mission is to create a fun and diverse environment for both skiers and riders, of any ability level, to progress and push their limits.
Hilltop Terrain Park has been around for as long as Hilltop (1984). This year with new leadership in the park and a three-year partnership with Effective Edge, we increased our snowmaking capabilities, improved our building techniques, changed up the layout, and increased the number of features available. Our park is built by riders for riders to create the safest and most fun park possible. Hilltop strives to encourage progression and is committed to providing features for all ability levels.
The National Ski Area Association recommend using the acronym “SMART” to stay safe on freestyle terrain. We think they’re onto something:
- Start Small: Work your way up. Build your skills.
- Make a Plan: Every feature. Every time.
- Always look: Before you drop.
- Respect: The features and other users.
- Take it Easy: Know your limits. Land on your feet.
We take safety seriously here at Hilltop Ski Area, so we’ve added a few of our own tips to help you navigate our park:
- Read all warning signs.
- Inspect the terrain before attempting any features.
- Ride within your ability at all times.
- Do not attempt features unless you have sufficient ability and experience to do so safely.
- Do not stop or stand on top of features or in landing areas.
- Always use a spotter.
FOR MORE TIPS VISIT WWW.TERRAINPARKSAFETY.ORG.